There are 3 Anglican Churches in the former City of Chatham, Ontario. In 1998, Chatham and the County of Kent were amalgamated to form the Municipality of Chatham-Kent. The Municipality had a population of 108,177 in the 2006 census and contains most of the parishes in the Deanery of Kent.
Christ Church, Chatham, Ontario
There has been an Anglican Church in Chatham since 1819. When the current building was opened in 1861 it was renamed Christ Church from St Paul's.
Originally, box pews filled the nave. Each family paid an annual rent for their pew. In 1911, the box pews were removed and the present black ash and oak benches were installed. The parishioners could still rent their pew until 1931.